Probably one of the most irritating problems of the online world is SPAM. Fortunately for WordPress blogs, there are several plugins that help make this problem simpler.
Here we have listed some of the most popular Anti-Spam WordPress plugins available today : Read more »
If you want to create a website, the best way is to start developing the site on your local PC server and save money on the hosting during the development phase. Once you are finished with the development of the site, you can then move your site over to a live server. In this article we will explain how you can do this.
- WordPress Site on a local server like, WAMP or MAMP with full access, i.e to the database and all the files of the site.
- Web Hosting that supports WordPress Sites and provides FTP access to the site.
- Database Manager like, Adminer or PHPMyAdmin and knowledge of how to use it. We would be using Adminer for the screenshot examples for this article.
- FTP Client like FileZilla.
- Note down where on the site absolute paths are used. These would later be needed to change to the live server specific path. Read more »
To Move your site to your super fast WPOven server, all you have to do is fill in small form and we will do the rest.
You can find the Migration form under the “Support” tab.
Read more »
All WPOven servers now include DBAdmin, database manager, which can be used for editing, importing or exporting of Database.
To access the Database manager you need to follow these steps :
1. Login to your WPOven account Read more »
What is Managed WordPress Hosting ?
Managed WordPress hosting provides technical assistance by the hosting service, regarding all server and wordpress related issues. One of the biggest advantages of Managed WordPress hosting is that you get premium support straight from WordPress experts. Some people also describe it as a “5-star Hotel Concierge service for WordPress”. Read more »
WP Project Manager allows you to move your management functions in-house as opposed to having to log in to an external site multiple times a day. WP project Manager have a premium upgrade that cost up to $199 (WP Project Manager Pro) which gives unlimited site support.
- Easily add projects to manage from inside WordPress
- Collaborate with team members based on their user levels
- Get an overview of your project list with a Calendar function
- You control user roles, assigning managers, co-workers, and clients
- Assign creators and limit project visibility
- See current project statuses
- Track milestones
- Archive completed projects Read more »
PHP is an open source, server side language which is used for web development. It is an acronym for “PHP Hypertext Preprocessor”.
Some of the main Advantages of PHP are :
- FREE : Perhaps the biggest advantage is that it is available for free and therefore since it is open source, it is regularly updated by programmers all over the globe.
- Plantform Independent: Runs on any OS, Linux, Windows, Mac OS, UNIX etc.
- Capable : It is build to design and run high traffic websites like Facebook and Twitter.
Even after being so popular and having a large community, PHP has some vulnerabilities as well :
Read more »
What is Nginx and Apache
Nginx (Pronounced Engine-x) and Apache, both are open source web servers.
The Apache web servers are the oldest ones around. They have been in use since 1995, whereas nginx came some where around 2002. Both the products are open-source and free but if you need support for nginx you will need to buy Nginx Plus version. Nginx was written primarily to address the C10K problem and some performance and scalability issues associated with Apache.
Read more »
Social media has been integrated into each and every part of our internet experience. Whether you are viewing a video on YouTube or reading an article on BBC, you will see a section on the page that allows you to share content through social media services.
Social media is a crucial component for any online marketing strategy. The reason websites promote social media sharing is because so much traffic can be generated from it. If you’re running your small business website on the WordPress platform, it’s incredibly easy to integrate social. There are hundreds of ready made social media plugins for WordPress to choose from. Read more »
A new vulnerability has been found that allows for DDOS attacks on all versions of the WordPress and Drupal CMS platforms as well as a few Joomla extensions. This vulnerability can endanger about 25% of the total Websites on the Internet.
More Information regarding this can be found here at the official WordPress news feed
Read more »