Microsoft is not a new name that you might not have heard of. This software company is quiet for a long time and provides various services other than just Software. Similarly, Microsoft Azure is one of the cloud computing solutions they provide. It has become one of the leading cloud computing solutions providers now and Microsoft Azure market share has been seen drastically increasing in recent years, Which we will cover in detail in this post.
Microsoft Azure is rapidly growing its roots in providing cloud computing infrastructure and hosting services in accordance with Microsoft’s connections in different enterprises that help to accelerate its growth.
What do you mean by Microsoft Azure?
From the introduction part, you might have gotten some idea about Microsoft Azure, it is nothing but Microsoft’s cloud service platform. This platform provides a lot of cloud-related services such as cloud hosting, machine learning, Internet of things (IoT), Data science virtual machines, and many more.
Microsoft started cloud service, Azure, in the year 2010 and they launched this service to give tough competition to some leading cloud service providers, Amazon Web services (AWS) and Google Computing Platform (GCP).
Although, both the platforms AWS(2006) and GCP (2008)had been launched earlier than Microsoft Azure, still azure has been able to catch up with the market and has risen up as a leading competitor for both the platforms.
Just like Microsoft’s competitors, it also offers cloud-based hosting services but the major selling products of Microsoft azure are its blockchain products, Artificial Intelligence platform, and many more.
Microsoft Azure Security
To check if Microsoft Azure is able to provide a secure environment to their users or it has the best security measures or not? Before making any conclusion let us first check out whether public cloud hosting tends to be secure or not?
When considering users’ or IT professionals’ opinions, the public cloud hosting and computing services are not great. But Microsoft a Multi-Trillion global technology leader better know its popularity and successful business will also attract cybercriminals as well as hackers. Hence, they will never compromise on that, and keeping their customers secure is a top priority for Microsoft.
You can assume how much Microsoft is concerned about its security as they invest over $1 billion each year into the security that includes even Azure infrastructure.
Here are some of the precautionary measures that Microsoft takes to enhance security for Azure customers:
- Automatic enabled encryption: The whole sending and receiving within the Azure cloud environment is automatically set to ecncryption. They have intelligent tools that detect any suspicious activity such as DDOS attacks just like you have provided in Xbox and MS offcie 365.
- Automatic smart Traffic monitoring: Microsoft provide another safeguard to its cloud services by automatic enabling traffic monitoring and profiling. With the help of this it become easy to detect any suspicious threats and the system immediately deflect or divert it from the path. Hence, it helps in to reduce the vulnerability of any possible threats that might affect external security systems.
- Intelligent Access control: Admin access or accounts have dedicted or seperate networks than other team members. Admin have all the controls and permissions to either restrict or limit access for a certain period of time, device or even a particular section/document.
- Enable smart hardware and software protection: Microsoft security has been also extended to their hardware as well as softwares. They regularly review and revise their system codes aslo when creating smart hardwares that can automatically detects threats before software is either installed or activated. In case, any threat is found, it will immediately pasue the software loading till the problem is not resolved.
- Supports TEEs – Microsoft Azure is one of its kind that provide a platform to support both software and hardware TEEs )Trusted Executive Environments. It helps in to mak sure that any encrypted data whether it is stored or inactive is protected and safe from any unauthorised access or tampering.
- Encrypted VPN- If you are working off side and want to secure access, then with the help of ExpressRoute you have acess to your Azure via encrypted Virtual private Network, from anywhere.
- Dedicated cybersecurity experts- Microsoft has employed more than 3.5k cybersecurity experts who continuously monitoring all the wekaness and helps in to improve microsoft security from threats.
Microsoft provides you with all sorts of possible security measures and is always concerned about your storage and password. And has become one of the most secure platforms that any cloud service provider can serve.
Frequently Asked Quesitons
What is Microsoft Azure market share?
The cloud services have been dominated by three major cloud service providers, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Cloudflare hosting, combining all of them consuming more than 75% World’s cloud hosting market share. Whereas Microsoft Azure market share is about 8%.
What percentage of companies use Azure?
Microsoft Azure market share in top 500 fortune comapines is about 95%. And from this data you can assume how much Azure is gaining popularity.
Why is Azure so popular?
Microsoft Azure is gaining popularity due to its high end smart security features, scalability and flexibility that no other platform able to provide on the same price.