WordPress SEO Plugins have been in internet marketing buzz for a quite long time now. According to the CMS report published, WordPress’s market share in CMS used for web development has now increased to 41.3% from 35% in 2020. It’s almost going to rule half of the market in the coming times. And when we talk about websites built on WordPress, they have the most amazing performance in terms of optimizing it for SEO.
Talking about optimizing the content for SEO on WordPress, you can keep those general SEO points in mind and go ahead with it but what if there’s a plugin that can help out?
In this blog, we are going to talk about some of the smartest yet compatible WordPress SEO plugins which you can add to your WordPress sites and improve your website’s SEO performance. But before that, let’s guide you through some of the important points to keep in mind while choosing your WordPress SEO plugin.
If you are in hurry, here is a quick comparison table of the best WordPress SEO plugins you can check.
Best WordPress SEO Plugins – Comparison Table 2023
|WordPress SEO Plugins||Pro version starts from||Free version||Active installs||Average WordPress.org rating out of 5|
|Yoast SEO||$99 / year||5+ Million||4.8|
|Rank Math||$29 (Lifetime)||1+ Million||4.9|
|SEO Press||$49 / year||200,000+||4.8|
|All-in-one SEO for WordPress||$49.60 / year||3+ Million||4.7|
|SEO Sqirrly||$71.99 / month||200,000+||4.6|
|The SEO Framework||$7 / month (Billed annually)||100,000+||4.9|
What You Should Look For In WordPress SEO Plugin
When you are choosing your WordPress SEO plugin, it is very important to keep a few compulsory features in mind in order to optimize your content and pages well, in WordPress. Let’s look into some of these priority considerations.
- The SEO plugin should be able to automatically generate a sitemap for search engine submission.
- It should allow you to edit your metadata like titles, meta descriptions, etc.
- A good WordPress SEO plugin will allow you to mark the page, post category pages, etc to set as Index or no index so that you can hide pages from search engines.
- SEO Plugins should have features that can help you with setting default titles and meta.
- WordPress SEO plugins should work as a guide for you to optimize your content while you are writing. This makes on-page Optimization quick and easy.
- An ideal SEO plugin should give you a checklist of all important SEO factors for optimizing your content.
- Good SEO plugins help in amazing link management systems while you are them as dofollow, nofollow, sponsored links, etc.
- Your WordPress SEO plugin should be compatible with WordPress versions and must get regular updates.
- It should be easy to install and set up for your website.
Go through the features of every plugin carefully and choose the best one which meets for requirements. Good luck !!!
Hope you’ll get your best one.
10 Best WordPress SEO Plugins For 2023
As we just discussed, how important is an SEO plugin for your website?
So, you might be thinking that which WordPress SEO plugin will suit you the best.
We’re here to solve this problem for you. So, today we’ve come up with a list of the best 10 WordPress SEO plugins that you must try in 2023. Don’t be confused because after reading this blog, as you’ll reach the end, your mind will be clear that which SEO plugin will be best for your website. Let’s get started.
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins that help you make your WordPress website more SEO-friendly. It has competed for more than a decade as over 5 million websites have already installed this plugin.
Using Yoast SEO, you can add SEO titles and meta descriptions to your blogs quite easily. It also allows you to add images and open graph metadata to your blogs effectively. One of the best things about this plugin is creating and managing the XML sitemaps so efficiently. One of the best parts of Yoast SEO is the ability to create and manage your XML sitemaps. This is much easier than having to code your sitemap on your own, especially if you don’t have much technical background.
Yoast SEO plugin is the most commonly installed WordPress SEO plugin. It’s a free plugin that gives you all the features you need to customize your website from SERP previews to XML sitemap development.
Features of Yoast SEO Plugin
Let’s throw some light on the features offered by one of the most prominent and popular SEO plugins.
- Detects the duplicate content present in your blog.
- Allows you to add SEO titles and meta descriptions to your article.
- Helps you in creating and managing the XML Sitemaps easily.
- Reflects how optimized your content is as per the targeted keyword.
- This plugin’s premium plan includes a redirect manager, free support, content insights, and an ad-free GUI.
- Provides you with a readability analysis of your content.
- Provides you with a Google preview of your blog.
- Allows you to mark your links as do-follow or sponsored.
After reading all these features, you can understand how useful the Yoast SEO plugin actually is.
Plans & Pricing of Yoast SEO Plugin
Although Yoast SEO is a free plugin that you can use to optimize your website, it also comes up with a premium plan at $99 per year that offers you a more feature-rich experience.
Mini-Review of Yoast SEO Plugin
I will give it 5 stars as I feel that Yoast SEO is definitely the best WordPress SEO plugin available in the market and appropriately deserves this spot as one of the most valuable WordPress plugins you should have for your WordPress websites.
I totally love the quality of features offered by Yoast SEO, such as built-in content analysis, meta keywords, description management, identifying duplicate content, XML sitemaps, social features, rich snippets, and many more. The plugin setup process was quite very simple.
2. Rank Math
Rank Math is a WordPress SEO plugin that makes it easier for everyone to customize their content with built-in tips based on commonly agreed best practices. Easily configure essential SEO parameters, verify which pages are indexable, and how you want your website to look for Structured data.
Rank Math is one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins that enable you to customize your website for search engines and social media. It comes with a configuration wizard that allows you to import data from other SEO plugins during the setup process.
You can use this to conveniently add meta titles, definitions, and Open Graph metadata to your blog posts. The plugin also helps you to create an XML sitemap, connect to the Google Search Console, and monitor access to user-based plugin functions.
Features of Rank Math Plugin
Rank Math SEO plugin provides you a slight upper hand over your Competitors so have a look at the features provided by the Rank Math plugin
- Enable 15+ inbuilt modules as per your website needs.
- Measures and tracks your keywords ranking to provide you a pulse on your content SEO success.
- Derives 30 known factors to identify the issue related to SEO analysis along with this, it also provides you with a detailed analysis.
- Provides you with one-click SEO migrations from other SEO plugins.
- Compatible with WordPress and other classic editors as well.
- Consists of an easy, advanced, and custom mode to rectify your assistance in making the content SEO.
Now you know how much you can have from the Rank Math SEO plugin for making your content on top of the search list.
Plans & Pricing of Rank Math Plugin
Although the Free version of the plugin contains an ample amount of features. If you upgrade to the premium version that is starting at $59 per year and goes upto $499 per year you’ll get all the free version features plus a pack of premium templates along with role restrictions.
Mini-Review of Rank Math Plugin
I will give it 5 stars as I’ve included it on a few of my websites. I find this plugin very useful because it can be installed very easily. It’s got the FAQ and HowTo Blocks with the Schema. It also allows websites to connect to Google Analytics with a few taps. I’m quite impressed with it. I would highly recommend you go for the premium plan as it contains a pocket full of amazing features which will boost the ranking of your website.
Rank Math is a breath of fresh air from it all. It also allowed me to do away with other plugins like redirect, and Analytics dashboard. The greatest thing for them is to support them. My SEO efficiency has improved by leaps and bounds because of the way to use their plugin.
3. SEO Press
SEO Press is a simple, fast, and powerful WordPress SEO plugin. It contains all the features you’d expect from an SEO plugin such as meta title, description, open graphics support, XML sitemaps image and content, redirects, and more.
It comes with a simple configuration for beginners and enhanced controls for more professional users. It is competitive with other top WordPress SEO plugins on the market in terms of functionality and choices.
Features of SEO Press Plugin
SEO press is one of the most powerful plugins as it contains so many dashing features, have a look at the features of this plugin-
- Installation wizard to quickly set up your site
- Content analysis with unlimited keywords to help you write optimized content for search engines
- Mobile / Desktop Google Preview to see how your post will look in Google search results
- Facebook & Twitter Social Preview to see how your post will look on social media to increase conversions
- Meta descriptions (with dynamic variables too)
- Open Graph and Twitter Cards to improve social media sharing (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc).
So, these are the features offered by the SEO press plugin.
Plans & Pricing of SEO Press Plugin
The free version is feature-rich. Still, if you upgrade to the premium version that is starting at $49/year and goes up to $128/year, you’ll get access to all premium features.
Mini-Review of SEO Press Plugin
I’ll give it 5 stars as this plugin is quite easy to use and have more useful SEO tools and clean code. I’ve become a huge fan of Seo Press as this WordPress SEO plugin is solid, easy to set up and maintain, and offers exactly the features that I need. Their Support is top-notch as well.
The free plan contains a sufficient number of tools and features but if you need fast and efficient customer service then you should go for the premium plan.
4. All-In-One SEO For WordPress
All-in-One SEO For WordPress is one of the most powerful WordPress SEO plugins on the market. Used by more than 2+ million people, this is the most powerful SEO toolkit that lets you boost search rankings without learning any complex SEO jargon.
It comes with the simplest setup wizard that will automatically help you select the right SEO settings for your company. AIO SEO will show you TruSEO on-page reviews and an actionable checklist to improve your posts and sites.
Features of All-In-One SEO For WordPress Plugin
The features of the All In One SEO For WordPress plugin are mentioned below.
- Set up WordPress SEO in less than 10 minutes.
- Optimize SEO code markup.
- Detailed content and readability analysis to help you optimize your pages for higher SEO rankings.
- Smart meta title, description, automatic SEO generation, dynamic smart tags, and more.
- SEO content analyzer helps you optimize your pages for unlimited keywords.
- Advanced SEO XML sitemaps for your site.
- Improve your SEO rankings with a video sitemap.
- Increase your SEO traffic with Google News sitemap.
So, these are the features offered by the All in One SEO plugin.
Plans & Pricing of All In One SEO For WordPress Plugin
Although the Free version of the plugin contains an ample amount of features, if you upgrade to the premium version, that is starting at $49.60/year and goes up to $299.60/year. you’ll get all the free version features plus a pack of premium templates along with role restrictions.
Mini-Review of All-In-One SEO For WordPress Plugin
I’ll give it 4 stars as it has decent functionality for a free plugin. Also happy that it makes me optimize my article for SEO. I already had this plugin installed for 2 years. A lot of my issues have been solved and more features have been included. The configurations have been well documented. Anyone who cares enough should be able to find the best settings for their website.
I’ll highly recommend you go with the free plan as this WordPress SEO plugin is very useful and well-managed. In terms of making your website more search engine friendly, the free version provides lots for site owners a great help.
5. SEO Squirrly
Squirrly SEO is an SEO tool that provides recommendations in real-time and is easily accessible to beginners. It allows you to optimize content for your selected keyword while your content is being written.
It also offers a competitor overview and suggestions as to what you should change to outrank-related sites.
In addition, Squirrly SEO comes with creative features to assist with marketing activities. For example, it tests your interaction with your audience and gives actionable recommendations to increase your click-through rates (CTRs). Plus, if you switch from another SEO plugin, it will pass all your pre-existing settings.
Features of SEO Sqirrly Plugin
The features of the SEO Squirrly plugin are mentioned below.
- Keyword optimization is done with ease.
- It doesn’t make any changes in the settings in case of the replacement of the plugin.
- Contains a tool for you to outplay competitors by suggesting ways to improve your SEO score.
- Contains a report format that can be sent to anyone.
- Monitors the progress on a weekly basis.
So, these are the features offered by the SEO Squirrly plugin.
Plans & Pricing of SEO Sqirrly Plugin
Although the Free version of the plugin contains an ample amount of features, if you upgrade to the premium version, starting at $71.99/mo and goes upto $75.99/mo. You’ll get all the free version features plus a pack of premium templates along with role restrictions.
Mini-Review of SEO Sqirrly Plugin
I’ll give it 4 stars as I’m a bit upset with the promotions and advertisements that keep on popping up. But apart from this, it is a great plugin. It gives great instructions on what to do to get your site ranked at the top. Great plugins and tools.
Although the free version is feature-packed if your aim is to include more websites then you can go for the premium version.
6. The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework is a professional SEO system. This is the only approach that can intelligently create vital SEO meta tags in any language by reading your WordPress environment.
This automation saves you a considerable amount of time that could be used to write more content or to work on other tasks. It also reduces the need for specialized SEO expertise.
The SEO Framework ranks your website distinctively by allowing Google Search breadcrumbs and automatically creating titles and explanations in compliance with the Google Guidelines. It also automatically notifies Google, Bing, and all related search networks of the improvements made to the website with its built-in sitemap.
Features of The SEO Framework Plugin
The features of The SEO Framework plugin are mentioned below.
- No need to pay for the extension of premium features.
- The visual, colored meter/scale provides a more user-friendly way to check the performance of the content on Google.
- Comes with local SEO extensions for companies that need to set up and display important local business information.
- The comment spamming extension removes the need for an additional plugin
- Most of the SEO settings are pre-configured so that there’s little to set up after installing the plugin.
- While other plugins utilize a focus keyword, The SEO Framework focuses on the focus subject to encourage more natural writing.
So, these are the features offered by The SEO Framework plugin.
Plans & Pricing of The SEO Framework Plugin
Although you can use the free version of the SEO framework plugin from the WordPress directory if you like to go for the premium one, upgrade to their paid plans starting at $7 per month if paid annually and going up to $27/per month (paid annually).
Mini-Review of The SEO Framework Plugin
I’ll rate this plugin as 5 stars because it does the SEO right and is very easy to set up. So far I’m really loving what I’m getting with The SEO Framework plugin. It’s straightforward to use and is lightweight. All of the settings are on one page. I highly recommend trying this out.
The free and paid plans are perfect at their places. I’ve tried both the plans and I’m quite satisfied with both. You can opt for any plan as per your needs and convenience.
Other 4 Best WordPress SEO Plugins Comparision
Apart from the 6 WordPress SEO plugins, some other best WordPress SEO plugins are mentioned below. If you still didn’t find the best WordPress SEO plugin for you then no need to worry!!!
We have brought a few more SEO plugins for you. Let’s have a look.
Hope after reading all the reviews of WordPress SEO plugins, you’ll be able to decide the best one for yourself.
Which WordPress SEO Plugin Should You Choose Finally?
We shared the 10 best WordPress SEO Plugins to Choose From. Still, if you are a bit confused then we can tell you our final recommendations to select.
- Best WordPress SEO plugin for Woocommerce-dependent websites – SEO Squirrly plugin and All In One SEO For WordPress plugin.
- Best overall WordPress SEO plugin – Yoast SEO and Rank Math.
- Best WordPress SEO plugin for improving readability – Yoast SEO.
- Best WordPress SEO plugin for effective SEO meta tags – The SEO Framework, rank math.
- Best WordPress SEO plugin for beginners – SEO Press, toast SEO.
Hope all YOUR confusion regarding the best WordPress SEO plugins is clear now. Now you can select the best WordPress SEO plugin for your website and optimize it efficiently. This was all about the WordPress SEO plugins and don’t forget to write about your favorite SEO plugin in the comment section.
The above-listed WordPress SEO Plugins are just to assist you with content optimization. If you are willing to scale up your organic traffic to better graphs then consider some smart SEO tools we are listing below that would help.
These tools collectively will help you in improving your search visibility. At WPOven, we also use these 5 tools, and thanks to them that you have landed on this content and become our reader. Let’s convey the exact features that these amazing tools offer for SEO improvement.
Semrush is a complete SEO Package tool for performing everything in SEO. It comes with various addon plugins as well which assist you to improve your on-page content with the help of SEO Quake, which is a Chrome extension by Semrush.
It also has an SEO writing Assistant WordPress plugin with the help of which you can easily optimize your content on the go. Choose Semrush if you have an extra affinity towards doing massive competitor analysis in PPC [ Google ads ] which makes it more exceptional than the rest of the SEO tools.
There is a huge competition and debate between SEMrush and ahrefs as both of them help an SEO professional to boost organic visibility. But the fact is, both of them are unique in themselves.
Ahrefs is again a good choice. Ahrefs is different in terms of finding quality backlinks. I Thought Semrush is great in finding and outreaching but the finding process is best with ahrefs. It will also help you in finding the right influencers who can boost your organic growth.
3. Google Keyword Planner
Google keyword planner is the best tool when it comes to keyword research. If you are an SEO professional, you know SEO is all about keywords.
If you are not right with keywords, all SEO tools, plugins,s and extension usage will fail. Google keyword planner is built by google itself that gives us information about what people are searching for. If you have the right idea about what is being searched, you can prefer content for its consumption around those searches, and google keyword planner is the best to give you that analysis.
At WPOven, our marketing team highly relies on Moz for measuring the domain authority, and page Authority [DA/PA] to identify business growth organically.
Moz is one of the first SEO tools that bought the concept of SEO score for websites which was later adopted by SEO professionals with various names like DR, UR, TF, CT, etc.
If you wish to monitor your organic growth as well as grow it with SEO strategies then Moz is the best tool to assist you.
RankActive is among the best tools to check website ranking. With RankActive, you can be aware of each shift in rankings. It can analyze best-performing keywords for your website and also report website rank drops and growth within SERPs on targeted keywords.
You can also compare website performance on popular search engines and get an understanding of which pages or keywords need the most effort. Not just that, it helps in analyzing competitors’ performance as well.
When it comes to writing about different SEO tools, the list can go infinite as there are tons of SEO tools that you can check out.
We have shared the list of the Best tools that are used widely.
Want to learn more about the best SEO plugins Check out our post on “How to improve your WordPress’s Site SEO?” in a very detailed and comprehensive way.
SEO is very dynamic. You can choose the best WordPress SEO plugin. You can also choose the best SEO tools but finding the mystery of how the Search engine algorithm works are completely unknown. Nobody knows the exact strategy that can make you come to the top of the search engine.
But, with years of experience and expert studies, content marketers and SEO saas developers have come down to some important conclusion that helps you in doing the best content marketing.
Using these WordPress SEO plugins and SEO tools, you can definitely get your business and its visibility boosted.
Which plugin did you choose? Let us know your suggestions in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best SEO plugin for WordPress?
Some of the best SEO plugins for WordPress are:
1. Yoast SEO
2. Rank Math
3. SEO Press
4. All-In-One SEO For WordPress
5. SEO Squirrly
6. The SEO Framework
Is the WordPress SEO plugin free?
Yes, there are plenty of SEO plugins available for Free to install and use from the WordPress directory. These plugins offer you a variety of features to optimize your content and website as per the latest search engine algorithms.
How do I enable SEO in WordPress?
For enabling SEO in WordPress you need to follow these tips:
1. Choose reliable, Fastest, and most secure WordPress optimized Managed Hosting.
2. Choose SEO optimized Theme
3. Design a user-friendly website with optimized core web vitals
4. Write SEO-optimized content
5. Make sure all your pages and posts are indexable.
6. Choose an SSL certificate.
7. Use SEO-friendly Permalinks
8. Optimize your website using a WordPress SEO plugin
I am a Co-Founder at WPOven INC currently living in Vancouver, Canada. My interests range from Web Development to Product development and Client projects. I am also interested in web development, WordPress, and entrepreneurship.