WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) right now. It is growing at a very rapid pace. As of now almost every 4th website on the internet is on WordPress. It has been around for a very long time now, but still there are a lot of Myths surrounding it. Today we will be discussing a few of the more common myths related to WordPress :
1. WordPress is only used for Blogging : Probably one the most common Myths surrounding WordPress is that it can only be used to create blogs. This might have been the case when WordPress was just launched and was quite young. These days you can build just about any genre of website using WordPress with a large number of Themes and Plugins and other solutions which are easily available for WordPress. It is quite easy to create any site using WordPress. For Example : You can create a Video Site on WordPress in a matter of minutes using WPOven’s Site builder
2. You can not use WordPress for Big business Websites : The websites of many large companies with a huge amount of traffic, like New York Post, Time Magazine and CNN (to name a few) are running on WordPress. There are many notions that stated that WordPress is not secured enough for large Enterprises to use it. On the contrary, WordPress has an amazing API and is very secure and many large business sites these days are turning to WordPress.
3. WordPress = No User Support : One would think that since WordPress is open source there would be no support provide for it. It is true till a certain extent, but WordPress has a great and elaborate Codex Documentation and a very active Forum. It is amazing how fast one can get replies and solutions on this forum. There are also Email lists, which are also extremely helpful.
Then there are exclusive service providers like WPOven, which help you manage your WordPress site or provide great and easy tools to do the same.
4. WordPress is not secure : This myth also gives rise to myth no. 2 that we have discussed here. Currently almost 1/4th of the web is Powered by WordPress. That comes down to a staggering number of Websites. WordPress’s security setup is very robust and as it is open source, the security is only getting better and better everyday. WordPress update 4.3 has brought along with it some major security updates, like enhanced password security features.
Though all this does not make WordPress hack proof. The user also has to play his/her part by keeping the WordPress install, Themes and Plugins up to date. (Read more about the best practices to keep your WordPress site safe).
5. WordPress can’t be used to make E-commerce sites : This would have been true in the early days of WordPress, when there were not a lot of options in this region. Today there are many great solutions that help you setup and run an E-commerce site on WordPress. WooCommerce , WP e-commerce etc to name a few. Using such solutions, some say it’s even easier to build and maintain an E-Commerce site using WordPress then many of it’s rivals which are specifically made to build E-commerce sites.
2 Replies to “Top Myths about WordPress”
I take pleasure in, result in I discovered just what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
If you are going for finest contents like I do, just pay a
quick visit this web site all the time because it offers feature