Hundreds of people get viral due to social media sharing. This is the time to get Viral and increase your reach to a vast majority. Most individuals are connected through social media, chatting, sharing, and engaging with friends. And sharing is an integral part of our social life as well, which helps you to gain trust and loyalty among your friends. Isn’t it!!.
You might be thinking that what is the relation between social media and sharing? Let me clear your doubt, Social Media has become a major medium through which you can share or add valuable content to your friends and bring traffic to your website.
It creates a long chain that expands your audience’s reach. For example, whenever you find any interesting article you just share it with your friends directly with the help of WordPress Social media plugins which you can easily find below most of the articles.
With these WordPress Social media plugins, you can easily share news, articles, or any valuable information among your friends with a single click. Isn’t it a very good feature right!!
If you are in hurry, here is a quick comparison table of the best WordPress social media plugins you can check.
Best WordPress Social media Plugins – Comparison Table 2023
|WordPress Social media Plugins||Pro version starts from||Free version||Active installs||Average WordPress.org rating out of 5|
|Shared counts||$40 / month||10,000+||4.9|
|AddToAny share buttons||Free||500,000+||4.8|
|Kiwi Social Sharing||Free||10,000+||4.1|
|Social Media Share buttons||$29.98 (Lifetime)||200,000+||4.9|
|Easy social share buttons||$22 (Lifetime)||32,000+||4.6 (Codecanyon)|
|Sassy Social Share||Free||100,000+||4.7|
Now the main problem comes, to choosing the right WordPress Social Media Plugin. Yeah it’s quite tricky and confusing at the same time, But you do not need to worry, you will be Guided through this article on how to choose the right WordPress Social media plugin for your WordPress Website.
For your convenience, a list of Super 15 WordPress Social Media Plugins has been discussed, From which you can choose as per your requirements.
Things You should keep in mind while choosing the right WordPress Social media plugin
Wait Wait Wait!!! Half knowledge is highly dangerous. So, don’t straightly jump onto the plugin section. Before choosing any plugin you must go through the guidelines for what to look for in the plugin. Most people commit this mistake and end up frustrated.
We always come up with such kind of guidelines to aware our audience. So that you won’t face any problems afterward. So, in this section, we’ll discuss the things that you should look for in a WordPress social media plugin. Let’s bang on to the discussion!!
- One of the most common issues that almost everyone faces is that most social media plugins affect your site’s loading time negatively. [We have recommended some WordPress cache plugins to improve site speed here. ]So, it spoils the performance of your website to an extent. The main reason behind this is that these plugins come with so many additional in-built templates, themes, stylesheets, scripts, and designs, which makes your website very slow. So, always keep this factor in mind and choose the plugin which does not affect the performance of your website.
- Different plugins support different social media platforms. So, you must decide your preferences first. Which social media platform do you want to include on your website? First, find the answer to this question and then go for the plugin that offers you support for all the platforms you have included in your preference list.
- The next most important thing is the location of the social icons. Various plugins provide you with the option to add social icons at different locations. You can add the icons at the top, bottom, or even at the side bars of your page. So, as per your choice, you can select the plugin which provides you the option to add the icons at your desired location.
Some additional pinpoints while choosing WordPress social media plugins to consider are –
- Authenticity: This has to be your main concern while choosing a WordPress plugin whether it is for social media or E-commerce. It is because WordPress is an open-source platform, and developers are free to create plugins and upload them. Some plugins can even harm your site. Be cautious about it and check reviews online from multiple sources before installing them.
- Abandoned plugins: Some WordPress social media plugins have been abandoned by their developers and updates have been stopped. In this case, there is an increase in security threats and Bugs.
- Flexibility to locate and customize: This is one of the main things which I consider that every WordPress social media plugin should have, i.e Flexibility to position or customize your plugin as per your and the user’s convenience. Some plugins provide either at the beginning of the post or the End of the article. But in my case, which I prefer, the plugins should be fixed at the side of the panel. And a user can easily share content at any point in time while scrolling.
- Accessibility and speed: This is again one of the first and utmost priority features one should consider before installing a plugin that is responsive, easily accessible, and fast. That cannot disrupt the overall site loading speed and experience. Hence, site speed is a crucial part of SEO, and users tend to leave slow sites immediately. Even Google penalizes Slow performing sites.
- Ratings and Reviews: The more users, the more trustful and better app. Hence, always look at the total number of trusted downloads and User ratings of plugins. But I would like to also mention that do not blindly trust user ratings. Because sometimes developers try to trick you by using fake or paid reviews. Always look into the positive as well as negative reviews. Analyze and research about them, if anything you find suspicious about it. It is recommended that you choose plugins that have average user ratings.
So, these all were very the most important things that you must keep in mind before choosing any WordPress social media plugin for your website. Now, let’s discover some of the most amazing WordPress social media plugins that you can choose for your website.
As there is a famous quote, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover.’ That’s why we always advise you to try all the plugins at least once. I know its sounds quite impossible to try all the plugins. That’s why we always come up with the topmost WordPress social media plugins to make the selection process easy for you.
Types of WordPress Social Media Plugins as per user’s need
The need for Plugins and their features and functionalities differ from user to user. Some users use it for personal blogs and some use it for corporate websites. Hence, some WordPress social media plugins have evolved with keeping in mind user needs and experiences.
So, you cannot simply define a whole set of the list on a single post, but I tried to mention some of the most common functionalities which will help you to understand before installing them.
- Plugins with dedicated comment feature: Although WordPress provides you with a comment feature on your article/post, it has no social value. And it will not add visitor engagement because it won’t be showing on social media platforms where it attracts others to comment and engage. For example, you can see Facebook comments on Facebook as well as on your blog.
- Automated plugins: Automated WordPress Social media plugins have been trending nowadays. Users are moving towards more automation rather than manual processes. For example, whenever you post a new article on your blog, it will automatically be shared on your social media accounts and even you can schedule it as well. And the user will refrain from all social media posting or sharing processes.
- Social media Feeds: With this Feed feature, all your social media feeds such as Instagram, Facebook or Twitter Feeds can be directly shown on your website too. This helps in increasing user experience and encourages viewer engagement.
- Feed Twitter Quotes and Facts: One of the most famous social media networks i.e Twitter, why not!!. It provides the ultimate platform for a user to share thoughts, quotes, etc. And with the help of click-to-tweet plugins, it becomes a lot easier to share content with your readers.
- Dedicated social sharing buttons: These types of plugins help to increase traffic and more links to your content. Whenever a reader finds something interesting on your blog. He/she would love to share it on their social media accounts. And with the help of dedicated social sharing buttons that are placed on either top of the article, below, or even the side of the webpage, it becomes easy for them to share.
- Login with social accounts: Plugins that provide login with social accounts tend to be more secure and safe. It is spamming and fraudulent activities by Bots. It is easier and fast since users need not create a separate username or password for it.
- Restricted sharing: This plugin is used to generate leads and followers. With the help of this plugin, blogs and Corporations Lock or restrict their content, and allow access only if they share or follow them on social media accounts.
From the collection that you will see right now, you will find free or paid plugins to share your WordPress notes on social networks and plugins to share your WordPress posts that have a premium version. The reality is that in the vast majority of cases, the features included in the free version are more than enough to achieve your mission.
Super 15 WordPress Social media plugins
Let’s take a deep dive into the best 10 WordPress social media plugins you can go for. We have discussed all the plugins by covering all the concerned aspects. We have reviewed and tested hundreds of plugins and then excreated these 10 best WordPress social media plugins. Let’s discuss these WordPress social media plugins one by one.
3. Kiwi Social Sharing
Kiwi Social Sharing is another social media solution on our list. You can easily display the sharing buttons wherever you want, whether above or below the content or as floating bars on the left-hand side, right-hand side, or even at the bottom of the page. This plugin supports social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, and Flint.
It provides you with the option of different shapes of buttons. However, it lags behind some competitors in terms of design. You will get Google Analytics support and features custom meta boxes, click-to-tweet, tweet-selected text, and a shortcode manager.
Features of Kiwi Social Sharing Plugin
So, let’s have a quick discussion on the features of the Kiwi Social Sharing Plugin.
- All sorts of social networks are available as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many more
- Possibility of re-arranging icon position on the share bar
- Great UI with intuitive & simple option
- Contains four different skins
- The more futuristic approach, shift style
- Contains a friendly approach, pill style
- The eye-catching approach, leaf style ( like a leaf in the wind)
- Displays social icons before content, after content both
Kiwi Social Share is a feature-packed plugin that offers you a handful of features
Plans & Pricing of Kiwi Social Sharing Plugin
Kiwi Social Share plugin is an entirely FREE WordPress social media plugin. This plugin does not come up with any premium plans. But it offers all the features that one must look for in the best WordPress caching plugins. You can install this plugin 100% free from the WordPress directory. In order to install this plugin, stay connected with us!!! Our next section is purely devoted to the installation and setup of the Kiwi Social Share plugin.
Kiwi Social Sharing Plugin Review – WPOven Opinion
I will give 4 stars to this plugin. It is quite a responsive and easy-to-use plugin. If you are not a tech-savvy person then also you will not face any challenges while the installation and setup. The share buttons look so nice. The support has also been quite quick and the reply was also very satisfactory.
I will highly recommend you go for the premium version, although the free one is also very good but somewhere restricts in providing some social media sharing options such as email, RSS, etc. So, you must go for the premium if you are looking for a wide range of social media sharing options. Before that, I would suggest you try the free version. If it suits your requirements, then you should go for the premium.
Some Other Best WordPress Social Media Plugins
With more than 100,000+ Active Installations, Disqus becomes one of the most popular WordPress Social media Comment plugins.
It is sold as a system to allow you to comment on your posts using social networks, it will also allow you to share your blog entries on social networks by helping to directly engage with your audience to generate loyalty, retain readers and foster thriving communities.
The fact of allowing comments in your notes will greatly oil the feedback of your readers, without having to register with WordPress to comment, since most have their social networks open in their browser (SSO with Facebook, Twitter, and Google).
Disqus installs in one click and replaces the default WordPress commenting system. Best of all, if you had existing comments in your notes, Disqus imports them automatically upon installation.
With more than 5 million active installations, the jetpack is seriously giving tough competition among other WordPress social media plugins.
It is not just used for social media sharing but it also provides, backup, anti-spam, malware scan, CDN, AMP, social, search, contact form, and integrations with Woo, Facebook, Instagram, and Google. Integrated with multiple features, jetpack becomes a super plugin, with functionality and a user-friendly interface.
Not to forget Jetpack has one of the most basic and free WordPress social media plugins available. It comes free with WordPress installation. With so basic functionality you can position your social share buttons either at the top of the blog or the end of the article.
Customization of buttons is another plus point adding to it. No doubt there are many WordPress plugins out there loaded with premium features and more customization options. But I do believe in simple simplicity. which is not complex and hardly affects your website performance.
Apart from the most basic functionality, it also has an automatic scheduling feature, which added a spark to it.
One of the most beautiful WordPress social media plugins available with lots of customization options available. Although it is a paid plugin, features and a lot of customization options make it worth paying for.
With a simple UI and design loaded with a lot of possibilities, Developers from elegant themes bring you all the available options and complete solutions in a single package.
Like most of the basic WordPress social media plugins, it also has simple features like adding social media buttons at top of the blog, below the post, or side of it.
What makes it unique is its additional features like pop-up windows which can pop at the middle or side of the page. This feature encourages visitors to share on their social media accounts.
If you look at the number of options for social media buttons, it provides the most common and popular ones which will be sufficient for you. (20 social media buttons more or less subjected to updates)
With a lot of customization options for buttons i.e colors, animation, size, etc. You can decorate and customize it as per your website color or theme.
Apart from all the features and functions, there is also a less positive aspect of it as well. In some blogs, it is also mentioned that this plugin little slows down web pages.
10. Sumo Social App
One of the best and most popular Free WordPress Social media plugins ever created. It gained a lot of popularity due to a large number of options it provides which is completely Free.
It marked a great position in E-commerce as well as blogging. The major use of Sumo is for Email marketing. Through this, you can easily generate leads and build up your email list.
The unique features which make it stand out above the rest are:
- Free and Premium options
- Easy and Responsive design
- With Regular Updates and Support
- It provides insights to analyze
- Fully control the CSS in the advanced section.
- Loaded with the most popular Social media buttons and connections
- Helps in to grow Email lists
- Tracking of forms available
- Provide instant integration with MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, MyEmma, Mad Mimi, Infusionsoft, Feedblitz, HubSpot, etc.
11. Nelio Content
If you are Looking for Automation in Social media posting or sharing, this WordPress social media plugin is the right candidate for you. Thanks to its Automation feature, you can plan or schedule Social messages.
With the help of this, you will become more organized and efficient. When you are done with your content, scheduled to be posted on your website, they are lined up in a queue and published automatically when the right time has come.
- Multi-user- It is a Multi-user plugin and you can work on it with your team members too. Each user can be assigned a different task based on their WordPress rule.
- Analyses the content- Nelio can also Analyse your content and pick out the most relevant phrases to create creative promotional messages.
- Advance functionalities- loaded with new unique and advanced features in addition to basic, it makes a complete package.
Some Other Best WordPress Social Media Plugins
Still didn’t find your perfect match? No need to worry! At WP Oven you will never be left with any confusion. Apart from the top 7 WordPress social media plugins, we have discussed above we have some more in our bucket. So, if you didn’t get satisfied with any of the above-mentioned plugins, then this section is completely of your interest.
We’ve listed some other best WordPress social media plugins which are no less than those we have discussed above. Kindly go through these and I’m sure today you will not go empty-handed from here. So, let’s jump down the screen!!!
|S. No.||Plugin Names||Pricing||Installation|
|13.||Novashare||$ 24.95 – $ 124.95||Official Website|
|14.||Social Pug||$ 34||WordPress Directory|
|15.||Simple Social Icons||Free||WordPress Directory|
Wrapping It Up
So, I hope that we have successfully cleared all your confusion about the WordPress social media plugins and made your selection process simpler. I know it becomes hard to select the best among the best. That’s why I personally suggest everyone make their own preference and requirement list before going through a list of plugins.
You can also check out our post on the “Best WordPress plugins for creating content” in detail.
Just like a coin, everything in this world has 2 faces; nothing is perfect. So, don’t let other opinions influence your decision. Always choose as per your needs and requirements. Hope this article helped you to make a decision. We’ve included different plugins with unique features so that you can get the perfect one for yourself!!
If you want my own personal opinion about the best one, then AddToAny Share Buttons are my personal favorite free WordPress social media plugin. If I talk about the premium, then Social Media Share Buttons and Shared Counts both are equally favorite me. But also try out the other WordPress social media plugins.
Still, if you have any confusion, then mention it in the comments!! We never leave our audience in any confusion. Also, let us know your favorite WordPress social media plugin.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a social media plugin?
Social media plugin is one of the most efficient ways to make your blog go viral with the use of social media buttons. These icons or buttons let you connect your blog to a variety of social media platforms in order to increase the reach and traffic of your blog. Using WordPress social media plugins, you can promote your blogs and websites on social media and grab more followers from there.
What are the benefits of using social media plugins on your website?
Yes, this is one of the most important questions that the majority of people ask us. So, we’ve listed the magical benefits of WordPress social media plugins:
1. Social media offers you social buttons which make it easy for your audience to share your content.
2. It helps you in analyzing which content impresses your audience more. It means you can judge which content will be loved more by your audience.
3. Social buttons make your website look more attractive.
4. The most amazing benefit of these plugins is that it increases the reach of your blog to a large extent.
So, these were the benefits offered by WordPress social media plugins. Now, I don’t think that after discussing this much, you will be able to say no to these plugins. So, go for it!!
Which social media plugin is best for a beginner?
It is a common question among beginners. So, in my opinion, Sassy Social Share is the best beginner-friendly WordPress social media plugin. As this plugin does not require that much time to set up and is also one of the simplest plugins to use. The best part is that it is a 100% free plugin that has a wide range of features. So, for a beginner, Sassy Social Share will be the perfect option.